I just wanted to jot down a few quirks .....
He has recently been sucking on his bottom lip. It is so cute and makes him look a bit perplexed like he is troubleshooting something. Often he throws in a Connery eyebrow, adding to the quizzical look.
He has been using his hands so much more now. He grabs at my skin and clothing when I am feeding him and does not stop moving the entire time. He loves to look at his hands moving across different textures....often his legs are kicking as well.
His voice is becoming louder and more frequent. He coos and "abroos" in what sounds like Icelandic. We regularly have conversations back and forth.
He loves to smile with a flirtacious grin
Strangely, he has been going through some separation anxiety. It seems that nobody can hold him longer than 15 minutes before he starts to cry for his mommy.... this seemed to start when I stopped co-sleeping. I hope this phase will work it's way out. It has been difficult now that I am trying to work as well as take care of him and leaves me only the time when he sleeps to work - and I am usually exhausted by then.... He is still such a good little baby and so much fun! I just wish Tain could have more of this experience as well.
We recently took a weekend trip to San Diego for a friend's wedding and he did wonderfully well. It is a long trip - 6 -7 hours in the car. He slept the whole way there, but we had to stop a few times on the way back as we were traveling in the day. He loved the ocean and fell asleep once we hit the sound of the waves. It was a wonderful experience and a much needed day of relaxation before we headed back. Both T and I melted in the sand and agreed that we will try and make it back as much as possible. I can't wait until he is walking and I can help him run up to the waves. At the wedding he struggled a bit because he was tired and it was loud and everyone wanted to hold him. We had to leave early from the reception - but we were exhausted as well so it all worked out.
Tain has pictures from the weekend on his phone and I will post soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment